Just the 2 of us in Chicago

, , 4 comments

Scott and I got away last week, just the 2 of us, for 3 nights in the Windy City.  It was a belated 10 year anniversary gift to ourselves.IMG_6570

And it was WON-DER-FUL!!

IMG_6743The city of Chicago is beautiful.  The buildings are unique and interesting… truly works of art in and of themselves.  We had so much fun walking around the city and taking in its beauty. 

The weather was overcast and it rained off and on while we were there.  But, thankfully, we were able to enjoy a gorgeous evening observing the skyline at the Navy Pier our first night. 

IMG_6396

IMG_6497We had a great time at the Art Institute of Chicago.   One of my favorite dates with Scott is going to the art museum.  We have fun looking at different paintings… picking our favorite in each room, or picking the one we’d hang in our house if we had our choice.   It might surprise you to know that Scott’s favorite is always modern art.  Before we were married, I’d never have pegged him as a modern art guy.  (I know this picture isn’t of modern art…but it was our favorite picture in that room, and I liked the picture of Scott observing the painting).  We also attended the symphony, another rare treat for us. 

IMG_6547

The clouds parted and the sky opened in time for us to head to the top of the Willis Tower (formerly called the Sears Tower)… the highest structure in the U.S.    You might recall I am not a big fan of heights…but I didn’t want to miss out on the adventure. 

IMG_6663

So glad I didn’t… how cool is it to kiss the man of your dreams at the top of the world?

IMG_6612

We did lots of walking… lots of talking… shopping…eating… there was no schedule.. no place we had to be… no demands… just time to enjoy my best friend all to myself.  And I did… every minute of it.  IMG_6725

4 comments:

  1. I love this. I love Chicago so much, too - such a great city. I love that you got away to celebrate without any distractions but each other.

    And, I love you.

    Happy 10th anniversary, you two! God sure has blessed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Chicago, but I think like many other things, I'd like to do it Circus style some day. I "awwwed" at your remark about kissing the man of your dreams at the top of the world - so sweet! Love how you're still in love after ten years! Looks like you had a great time together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are SO SO GLAD that you had a wonderful time while we really enjoyed having your kids all to ourselves :-) It is so wonderful to care for your marriage and keep that love alive and strong. Again, Happy Postponed 10th Anniversary!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had a great time! I'm so glad Chicago treated you well. We have yet to venture up the Willis Tower. Somehow the long wait with kids just never seems to be the right thing to do. Hope you found some cheap parking. Happy belated anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)