Back Seat Driving

, , 3 comments

The other day I was driving my oldest two children home when they suggested I text their Nana to see if the younger two were asleep so we’d know if we needed to enter in the backdoor.

I told them I couldn’t text while driving, but maybe if I got a red light I could send her a quick txt.  (I know, I know….)

Well the light was green and as we got rather close to our street my 5 yr old daughter says, “Mom, you gotta send the text!”  “I can’t,” I replied, the light was green. 

“Well Mom, I’ll watch the road for you and tell you if your going to hit something.”

“Thanks, but it doesn’t work like that, I need to be watching the road myself.”

“Why Mom?  Don’t you know this road pretty well, you drive on it all the time?”

I then went on to tell her while I know the road, I don’t know what the other cars are going to do on the road.   And even though she promised to keep an eye for me, I think it would be better for me to watch.

Can you just imagine?  Well, officer, I know I wasn’t watching, but she was my lookout…yea… my 5 yr old in the back seat… she promised to keep an eye out for me….

3 comments:

  1. So did you pull over to text me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Such the little negotiator. I can here her little voice problem-solving and innocently/legitimately confused. She WAS just trying to help. If she was my back-seat driver, I suspect she could have gotten me out of a few tickets. If only good intentions were enough...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughing too hard to comment LOL
    What will those kiddos think of next?!?!?

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)