A Heavy Heart

, , 3 comments

I learned this weekend that a friend and former MOPS mentor mom of mine passed away suddenly in her sleep.  The suddenness and surprise of her passing took me quite off guard.  My heart has been so heavy since I heard the news. 

Aside from my grandparents who both suffered long illnesses before their death,  this is really the first person close to me that I’ve known whose died.  She wasn’t just a person that I recognized or said Hi to on Sunday morning.   She was a friend. 

This women hosted our steering meetings month after month in her home.  She even hosted our entire steering retreat in her home (when she was out of town).  She always said, “this is God’s house, use it, please use it!”   Honestly, that was how she lived her life.  She was a true servant.  For as long as I knew her she was always actively and joyfully serving and leading in our church.  She loved her husband and was a true example to us all of a godly wife.  She loved her children and grandchildren and talked of them often.    Most importantly, most vividly, she loved her Lord and she was such a transparent example to us of a woman who whole heartedly served God with her life.   She always a had a big smile, and hug for each of us.  During my leadership in MOPS, I went through a particularly difficult circumstance as a leader, and she walked with me through it.  She was a huge source of support and encouragement to me as I stepped into my role as leader of our group.   I am thankful for the chance I had to learn and grow from her.  I am thankful for the impact and influence she’s had on my life and the lives of so many other ladies I know.   She leaves behind her a godly legacy of a true and faithful servant and she is missed greatly by all who had the pleasure of knowing her.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that your heart is heavy and that you've lost a friend. She sounds like she was a lovely and inspiring person. My prayers are being sent your way. And a big virtual hug too. (Times like this I definetely wished we lived closer).

    xoxo,

    Happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is missed and will be for a long time. She use to call me once a week just to talk and check on how I was back when I on MOPS steering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen and amen. Tears and a heavy heart here, too, but the heaviness is lifted each time I think about the joy she is experiencing right now. She will be dearly missed by so many.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)