The Sparkle of a True Princess

, , 7 comments

“Momma, don’t we look beautiful?”

As I praised them for their lovely fashion choices and snapped picture upon picture of their dress up fun, it dawned on me that this was an opportunity to reinforce what true beauty is. 

Ya know, I said.  To be truly beautiful, you have to be kind and loving to others.  In fact, you can be wearing the prettiest dress ever, but if you act mean and unkind to others, you aren’t beautiful. 

“Really, Mom?”

AND… you can be wearing plain, normal clothes, but if your loving and kind in your heart, then you sparkle like a princess. 

I am not sure if the message sunk in or not, but I realized today, that it is a message I need to speak to them often.

IMG_9392

“Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.” 1 Peter 3:3-4

I want to start praying that my girls grow into truly beautiful ladies that sparkle from the inside out and that they may always be confident of their worth as daughters of the King.

7 comments:

  1. So true! I agree!! And they are pretty princesses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some friends of mine left their daughters with a babysitter named Kate. The next morning they were asking their daughters if they'd enjoyed having Kate for a babysitter.
    "Yes!" one said. "I really like Kate! I even like her naked!"
    The parents were, of course, taken aback and a little afraid. After some more questions, they discovered that everyone had remained clothed the previous night, and their daughter had, indeed, been listening when they told her that clothes are not what makes a person beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They truly sparkle - both inside and outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget to teach that lesson to your boys too :-) all us mommas of males need to make sure that our guys know that it isn't the clothing (or lack thereof) that determine a girl's true beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious moment to take advantage of! I love how you spoke that truth to them! Caroline is struggling with this concept right now. We're working on it, but I know she doesn't fully grasp it yet.

    You're such a good momma!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)