Weekend Thoughts: Psalm 119: 33-36

, , 5 comments

I am afraid I don’t have much for you this weekend in terms of deep thoughts.  But I did stumble across this passage of Scripture.  Doesn’t it make a wonderful prayer for us to offer up to our Lord?  I am particularly challenged by verse 36.  Oh, that I would turn my heart towards God’s statues rather than my own selfish gains.  Teach me Oh God. 

Psalm 119:33-36

33 Teach me, O LORD, to follow your decrees;
       then I will keep them to the end.

34 Give me understanding, and I will keep your law
       and obey it with all my heart.

35 Direct me in the path of your commands,
       for there I find delight.

36 Turn my heart toward your statutes
       and not toward selfish gain.

Weekend Thought ButtonWhat are you thinking about this week? Why not use your last post of the week to highlight something a bit "deeper" then the average “Momblog” fair?  I’d love to read your thoughts.  Please feel free to write and link up a  “thoughtful” post below.  You can write a new post or link up one you wrote earlier in the week.  Please include a link back to here in your post.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful passage. And also something I've been thinking about. I may or may not eventually turn this into my own weekend thought, but in case I don't--I'm know you've quoted a song from the same album, but have you heard the song "Sacred" by Caedmon's Call (it's from the uh, green album with the leaf. I wish I could remember the title, but I have all their albums and get them mixed up.) My most favorite line on that entire album is "When I forget to drink from you/I can feel the banks harden/Lord, make me like a stream to feed the garden." I think this is a beautiful picture of what my goal as a parent is--to be the stream from which Sam, and any other children we are blessed with, can be fed and nourished by. This passage sums up PERFECTLY a prayer to God in how to make that happen. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful passage of scripture. I can spend lots of time in Psalm 119 learning to cherish HIS word. It always speaks to my heart and challenges me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful prayer. Thank you for sharing! I love seeing/hearing/reading Scripture verses that are encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Psalm 119 is one of my favorites! What better thoughts could there be!

    I was totally blank on any kind of meaningful thoughts this weekend. Hopefully next week I will do better!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)