Trip to the Beauty Shop

, , 16 comments

I’ve bthe kiddos on Christmas Eveeen putting it off for far too long (as you can soon tell by my before picture).  But today I decided that my poor girl was past due for a hair cut.  We’ve cut her bangs, but nothing major since what I refer to as the “debacle of 07” when I took my sweet 22 mth old for a hair cut and returned with a sweet little girl sporting the bowl cut. Honey, I am so sorry.  I didn’t know what I was doing. 

Since then, I’ve stuck with my best friend for bang trims and avoiding cutting anything else. 

But, if I am totally honest with myself, she’s been looking a little ratty lately.  And that didn’t seem fair to the cute girl hiding under all that hair. 

So we braved the local hair cutting salon and I am happy with the results. 

Take a look.

Before:

IMG_2880

During:

IMG_2881

After:  (being true to the girl that she is, she had to change her clothes upon arriving home, b/c what day would be complete without changing our clothes at least 2 or 3 times?)

IMG_2886

Man, who knew that hiding behind all that hair, was a little girl, all grown up?  She looks entirely too old for my liking…but I concede it was long overdue!

16 comments:

  1. How CUTE!!! She's getting to be a big girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good cut. We've all had bad hair cuts. It's just part of being a girl...unfortunately. Must be a product of the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I remember That day your little toddler becomes a little girl. She looks so cute with her new hair do. Even as grown up you feel good when you leave the Beauty-shop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the day I took my girls for their first "big girl" haircut. It makes them look so grown up. It doesn't get better as they get older either. She looks sooooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new do! She looks very cute. At least her bad haircut was when she was not old enough to be very vocal about it :) And what is it about little girls and the clothes changing? Mine is not as bad as she used to be. But with my son it is a catastrophy to have to change your clothes. Even if you are melting in them because it's the fall and it got warm in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so adorable..both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hair cut looks great! I need one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. please tell her for me, She's beautiful! i love the new haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved seeing the process and the lovely lady who emerged!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! What a super cute hairdo - and letting her shine from under that hair. She looks like she is pleased with it - even in the changed clothes. She radiates!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you have a picture of yourself at this age to compare you two? I actually was thinking that she looks like Karen, but I don't want to commit to that idea until I see you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She looks so pretty! And yes, very big girl like. (But I thought the bowl cut was pretty darn cute too...)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute haircut!!! EA and MC are in desperate need of one themselves. I have been trimming their bangs myself, but I really don't do the best job. It's one my list of things to do when we get to the states!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet little, but big, girl she is! Love the transformation!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)