A Beautiful Surprise

, , 3 comments

I recall seeing something on Facebook before I went to bed about possible flash freezing or snow.  But, I didn’t give it much thought.

When I woke up I peeked behind the curtain to see if anything came of it and I gasped. 

It was that big white puffy snow that sticks to the branches of trees.  My most favorite kind of snowfall.  And I laid in bed and watched it fall snuggling with my hubby and kids. 

Hello February 1st. 

Photo: Hooray for my fav kind of white puffy snow sticking to branches!!!

The kids ate a quick breakfast and made a bee line for their snow gear.  Scott headed to work with promise of coming home for an early and long lunch and hopes of a sledding excursion. 

After an hour delay to our school day, I threw the kids winter clothes in the dryer, and we set out to tackle their least favorite and most time consuming subjects.  (with promise of sledding dangling in front of them)

Scott came home 2 hours later and the sun was already putting a dent in the snow, but not in our fun.IMG_9094

Going back up the hill was much harder than coming down.

IMG_9075

IMG_9108

We were the only ones on the hill.  I think this partly due to the fact that public schools did not get out or get a delay and partly because it was equal parts mud and snow on the hill this afternoon.

IMG_9111

But, we were able to scout out some snow paths and a good time was had by all.

IMG_9084

WIPE OUT!

IMG_9101

We don’t often get out sledding and this was the first time I remember sledding in years… as in my entire adult life.  (last time we took them to the hill I was preggo with baby number 4)

IMG_9062

I had such a fun, fun time today.  It was a totally unexpected, beautiful treat and surprise and a wonderful way to end the week!

IMG_9142

3 comments:

  1. hmmm. . . this hill looks familiar - behind my parents house? LOVE this final shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very fun afternoon for all. Cute pictures as usual

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this the hill by the school that you took us to a few years ago? So fun! I love those little surprises from God! (Including Scott's apparently light work schedule that day that allowed him the long lunch!)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)