Someone’s Been Sleeping in my Bed

, , 3 comments

When we walked through the house with the kids, after we knew we had won the contract, they eagerly checked out their bed rooms to call dibs on which would be the boys room and which would be the girls room.   The boys chose one of the 2 “kids rooms” and the girls petitioned for the master bed room.    After all they pointed out, “it has a bathroom right off of it and we go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, not you guys”  and “it has the laundry shoot in their too so we’d be sure to put away all our dirty clothes”  and it had plenty of room for their bunk bed and dressers.  I’ll admit that they had some well thought out, legitimate, and even logical arguments for getting the master bed room.  But, logic doesn’t always prevail.  We took the master bed room and they got the still unclaimed kid room. 

However, they either haven’t let go of their hopes of getting our room, or are trying a little passive/aggressive technique in claiming their territory… because at least 3 out of 5 nights a week when I peek into the kids rooms on my way to bed, I find the boys snuggled in their room sleeping soundly and then I go to the girls room and find this

photo

Startling at first, isn’t it?  Where’d my babies go?

photo (2)

I know it’s blurry, but I love how snuggly they are.

Quite often, I’ve noticed when they spend time making their beds… they don’t want to risk messing it up by sleeping in it, so they go to ours.

download

When questioned as why they fall asleep in our bed, I’ve heard varied responses…

photo (4)

“our bed is bigger and more comfortable”  they couldn’t sleep in theirs… they like our touch lamps, and recently my older daughter told me she liked our comforter. 

photo (8)

It’s gotten to the point that I typically expect to find them in my bed… in fact one night I was shocked to come to my room and find this

photo (7)

No girls….

but it seems I was also missing something else.  (This particular night I had informed the girls that they had to stay in their room).photo (5)

So, she took our comforter back to her room. 

I truly never know what I’ll find when I walk up to bed at night, but one thing is a guarantee… it always brings a smile to my face. 

3 comments:

  1. Too funny! I could handle any and all of this, I must say, in exchange for my kids to just go.to.sleep.somewhere. Oh, we still struggle with sleep over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)