True Story

, , 12 comments

Last night I fed my family a dinner so lacking in nutritional value or substance that it makes the time we had ice cream for dinner look healthy.

I kid you not.

We’ve been burning the candle at both ends round the circus parts the past week… finishing up projects at the old house, organizing the new house, having company, throwing a birthday party…having more company… somehow yesterday it ended up 8pm, the Olympics were on and we’d all been looking forward to watching them… we hadn’t eaten dinner. I had ZERO plans for dinner and so we went down to the basement, sat on the couch and I brought down dinner.

A bag of Doritos

A package of white Oreos

and in an attempt to slightly assuage my guilt, a bowl of grapes.

IMG_3505

Yes, I know, I can just go ahead and toss that notion of ever getting nominated for Mom of the Year out the window…

12 comments:

  1. Must've been a night for unhealthy dinners! The kids & I had mini donuts topped with a cookie and tall glasses of milk. If I weren't so ashamed I would've taken a picture as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds perfect to me! A night of quality, memory making time even if lacking nutrition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!!! Sometimes we have to just let go and enjoy being together and that's what you did. That qualifies you for Mother of the Year in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were half way to my all time favorite meal - doritos and cottage cheese. Scoop the cottage cheese up with the doritos, eat. So good! Then you could even claim health benefits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, with your kids, you're now mom of the decade! How cool as an occasional family fun event.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome. But really, it's not that much worse than the boxed mac'n cheese I served up tonight =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure your hubby can remember a couple of "Winning Dinners," too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too bad the government left the "four food groups" - dinner would have been great. Veggie (corn), fruit and grain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's all in how you spin it. Had you PLANNED that meal, you know, as an Olympics kick-off, than the cool-points would have piled up. (They piled up anyways, let's be honest.) And think about it, you just convinced your kids that grapes are junk food. Well, done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think all of us have times like that! My kids and I had mini chocolate donuts for lunch the other day. Like you I attempted to make something healthy about it, so we added strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It could have been GC PB @ milk,They werenot unhappy, LOVE YOU ALL

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAY J forgot you could have had Milk just melt ice cream It has eggs Also Love Mema

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)