Preserving the Memories…

, , 5 comments

IMG_0018

 

I think there is something about the age of 3 that makes kids say some of the cutest things.  Lately, our 3 year old has been cracking me up and I have to write them down lest I forget…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last week Scott was playing catch with our oldest son.  She of course wanted a turn as well.  Scott said sure and then she said, “Dad, can I get closer to you when I throw the ball, since I am a girl?” (Scott told her she could get closer, but not b/c she was a girl, but b/c she was younger).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went to a baby shower for a friend of mine.  She is pregnant for her 3rd child, but it is her first girl.  My son asked why she was having a baby shower since she had already had babies.  I told him that it was b/c this baby was a girl.  “Oh, he said, so when you had ******** did you have a baby shower too?”  I told him I did after she was born, when we found out she was a girl, my friends threw me a party and gave me lots of girlie clothes and things.  Then my 3 yr old piped up, Well, Mom, I know that you definitely gave me a baby bath when I was a baby.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday we finally, FINALLY had some sunshine and warm air here in MD.  The temps reached the high 80s and as we were driving home she announced, “Mom, I am B-O-V  hot.”  (we seem to have a little work to do on spelling… but hey, she’s only 3)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My kids love telling jokes and she doesn’t want to be left out.  Sometimes however, she misses the punch line just a bit.

“Mom?”

what

“Aren’t you glad I didn’t say bananas?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some of my favorite times are when we all are sitting together as a family, belly laughing… I truly love this phase of our life and wish I could freeze time…hopefully, by writing it down… I can at the very least preserve the memories.  Visit Mary for more tiny talk.

5 comments:

  1. So glad that you are writing them down - to preserve and to share with all of us :-) Your kiddos come up with the greatest lines!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like the creative spelling of b-o-v, hot! That is too cute. Three is such a fun age. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww!!! so adorable!! love the things kids say. you are so smart for writing them down. sometimes i do, but most of the time i forget. blogging is such a great way to preserve the cuteness :) she is SO precious.
    thanks so much for stopping by my blog and i enjoyed catching up on yours!! i need to blog more often so that i stop by a lot more! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)