Thanks for a Great Ride

, , 3 comments

IMG_8632

Well, it’s over… another great football season has has come to an end.  While the ending wasn’t quite as sweet as I wanted, it was to be honest, a WHOLE lot better than I thought it would be when the season started.  I never dreamed in August that we’d be having a Steelers party in February.

Looking back, it was a great season.  We had a ton of fun cheering for our boys in black and gold.  We had several family gatherings at our place to watch the game.  I went on a date with my dad to Pittsburgh to watch a game at Bettis’ Grille 36.  We even orchestrated our schedule so that we were in hotels for the 2 games that occurred during our family vacation.  It was quite fun parading around our Disney Hotel in our Steelers jerseys.  Scott and I went to an actual home game with my dad in December.  And, we had a fabulous play off run, culminating with a Superbowl Party!

As we left my parents house early Monday afternoon, we had the thought to try and catch the team as they arrived in Pittsburgh and  give them a hearty welcome home.  But, as much as we googled, we couldn’t find any information on their homecoming.   Man, I would have loved to been there to clap and cheer as the Steelers got off the plane.  Let em’ know we love em’ and we’re still proud of em’.  We weren’t quite ready for the season to be over, so we decided to drive a slightly longer way home and take the kids through the city.  For the first time, Scott and I realized that while we have been to the city of Pittsburgh several times, the kids have not.  So we drove them to Heinz Field.   And we walked up to the gates and showed them where our beloved Steelers call home. 

IMG_8688

I’ve been to the gates a few times and inside three times.  Still it gives me a little thrill to stand there and gaze out at the stadium. It was a quiet, rainy day in Pittsburgh and as we walked around, I couldn’t help but think how different the atmosphere would have been had things gone differently last night. But, you know what, we walk away from this season with our heads held high.  Our boys played well.  And we can’t wait to cheer them on again next fall! 

3 comments:

  1. You are right - it was a good year. We had tons of fun together thanks to the Steelers. And there is always NEXT season :-) Heinz Field is so cool to see. Love the picture of kiddos in front of gate. Some year Papa and I hope to take them inside!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great season! And a season of happy memories for your family, for sure! I love the hope next season brings with it! Isn't that the beauty of things? The hope of whats to come?

    Great pictures. That one of the kids cheering up top is so cute. You should make a Steeler scrapbook page of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They can hold their heads up high Glad to see you ALL this week end, Love the pictures

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)