Here’s to You Simon and Garfunkel

, , 5 comments

If summer could have a theme song, well then I think this would be  mine for the summer of 2010.

Slow down, you move too fast.
You got to make the morning last.
Just kicking down the cobble stones.
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.

Ba da, Ba da, Ba da, Ba da...Feelin' Groovy.

Hello lamp-post,
What cha knowin'?
I've come to watch your flowers growin'.
Ain't cha got no rhymes for me?
Doot-in' doo-doo,
Feelin' groovy.

I've got no deeds to do,
No promises to keep.
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.
Life, I love you,
All is groovy.

Last year was a busy one here at the circus… it was my first year as a home schooling mom and I was pregnant on top of that.   I struggled with how to balance it all… the house work, the school work, friends… and the place that gave was friends (not that the other 2 were handled perfectly mind you).   But, we didn’t spend much time with our friends last year. IMG_1025

Summer has been so refreshing… like one Countrytime Lemonade commercial after another.   We’ve had so many fun get togethers with friends and I have found myself (a devout introvert) refreshed by the times spent together. 

IMG_1357

IMG_1269 With July almost behind us and August waiting eagerly around the corner, I find myself wanting to slow time down and “make the morning last”.  How I love snuggling my little guy and watching my big 3 play in the back yard.  We’ve got one more month to kick down the cobble stones and feel groovy.  Then school returns and with it soccer practice (x2 this year), gymnastics (x2 this year) cub Scouts and Karate classes…. I do believe our theme song for the fall will be something along the lines of “the wheels on the minivan go round and round…”

Until then I must force myself to do all I can to savor and bottle up these care free days.

IMG_1542

Can you believe how quickly he is growing?  Slow down little man… your moving WAY to FAST!!!

5 comments:

  1. What a so true post! You've had quite a year! Glad you've found time to sit back and reconnect with others and enjoy your family. I can't believe how quickly summer's going over here, too.

    Hope you have a great August!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to recognize it and do something about it - you do a great job of balancing it all. Enjoy these days - as fast as they go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE summer evenings outside with friends. i'm glad that a 4th hasn't kept you inside. enjoy this last month! (especially since i'll be a part of some of it!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, he is so cute! This summer we've been busy enjoying the weather and beach, but I know that this fall, it's going to be crazy again.

    I love snuggling with my little man, too, while I watch the others play. Actually, more like fighting and occassionally playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way about the summer. With the approach of August and the upcoming school year, I am starting to feel nervous about the hecticness that will inevitably insue. I am SO thankful for this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)