Through the Eyes of a Child

, , 9 comments

We’ve  been recording the Olympics and then watching portions of it the following evening with our kids.  I have loved their enthusiasm for the events.  They wave their American flags and pound their fists in their air chanting, “Go USA, GO USA, GO USA!”  My son has had lots of questions about the countries and flags and which ones are our friends.  We’ve had many teachable moments to discuss hard work, practice, and never giving up.  And I couldn’t help myself, I teared up when Alexandre Bilodeau became the first Canadian to win Olympic gold on home soil and got chills when China’s Shen and Zhao won a gold after 18 years of skating together.   But my favorite Olympic moment thus far this year was watching my girls imitate the figure skaters.  

IMG_6144IMG_6145

9 comments:

  1. From dancing to figure skating - your kids get quite a workout :-) They look so cute - can't wait for some pictures when you really take them skating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! I love there figure skating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Good for you for having the camera ready. Usually by the time I get the camera, my girls have stopped doing whatever cute thing it was I wanted a picture of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little girl did that TOO! It was so FUN to watch!
    My oldest totally was cheering for Apollo Ohno and yelling, "GO, Blue Guy! Go Blue Guy!" When I told her that his name was Apollo, she changed it and said, "Go, Apollo! Go Apollo!" Then, she said (without taking her eyes off the tv), "I like saying'Go Blue Guy' better."
    so she did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids did that too! They love to slip around in their socks too and say, we're snow boarding! It's fun to watch them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this one, so cute and I love how in the first one they were do the exact same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. TOOOOO CUTE! And I absolutely LOVE the footie PJs. Can we keep our kids in those forever? So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute. What sweet memories they will have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look so cute Hope some day they can try skating They will try anything

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)