Bye Bye Summer

, , No Comments

Well, it’s pretty much official.  I think I will pull out the fall décor this weekend and start lighting my beloved pumpkin spice candles.  Summer has come and gone.  But before I take my first sip of a Pumpkin Spice Latte (I always hold out for that one till the kids first day of their tutorial….), I do want to look back on our summer.

I did a lot of deep cleaning this summer and attempted to reign in the chaos and instill some order in the circus house.  It pretty much takes all summer for me to catch up on the back slide that occurs during the school year. 

The kids played.  Nothing notable really.  Just unstructured play.  I’d almost say 2015 was the summer of play.

IMG_7180

IMG_2230

IMAG0410

I got to go on a few date nights with my most favorite person.  I love living life with him.  But I also love sneaking away for some time alone with him. This summer we got to do both.

IMG_7464IMG_7456  IMAG0429

We went camping… several nights at state park in PA.  We also did one night in the Bowie Baysox Stadium with our friends and one night in my parents backyard with cousins.

IMG_7421  IMG_1208

IMG_2125  IMG_1902

We visited our beloved Steelers at training camp.

IMG_1820

We spent a weekend at Great Wolf Lodge with our cousins, grandparents and aunt and uncle. 11167668_10205188524084927_4776505672344789372_n

And we celebrated my mom’s 60th birthday with grandparents, cousins and uncle for a weekend in State College, PA.

11145069_10207623333324008_8667296206477805986_n

Whenever anyone asks my oldest daughter how her summer was, she answers, “Good!”  And when they follow up with, what did you do, she always replies, “Went to Woodward.”  Gymnastics camp was the HIGHLIGHT of her summer and she is already talking about next summer!

IMG_1054

In the month of August they got really into rainbow looming.  Once they found out about tutorials on you tube the girls become slightly obsessed.  They were making charms and fancy bracelets for literally HOURS on end.  August was the month of Rainbow Looms.IMG_2381  IMG_2384

Summer wouldn’t be complete with out our annual Labor Day weekend with our friends.  And this year didn’t disappoint. Though I posted about it here, I can’t do a summer recap without including at least one pic from the weekend.    IMG_2714

This weekend promises rainy days and cooler temps, I can’t think of a better way to usher in the new season.  I am so thankful we live in a place with all four seasons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)