A Relaxing Christmas

, , 2 comments

It has been a very relaxing Christmas vacation at the circus house.  My sister in law and her family came in to town the evening of the 23rd.  We had too much fun making cupcakes for the kids for baby Jesus’ bday party on Christmas night.  She is an awesome trooper.  She happily obliged my request to roll out 19 baby Jesus figurines out of marshmallow fondant at 10:00pm.  Seriously, worlds best sister in law.   IMG_9448

Christmas Eve was low key.  We did a gingerbread house with the kiddos.  Which was a mess.  I think it remained standing for all of 2 hours before it collapsed on itself.  But, we had fun and that was the idea. 

IMG_9473photo 2IMG_9509

Scott and I took our nephews to the playground for a little while so we could have some time alone with them.  Then the girls went with my sister in law to Nana’s to do a little cooking, while I grabbed a shower and tidied up the house.

  IMG_2188

Then it was church in evening and Scott and I started wrapping Christmas presents at 9pm on Christmas Eve.

Christmas Day we lived in our PJs.  My parents, Scott’s parents and Scott’s sister and her family came for the day.  We opened presents in the morning.  And then spent the day in our pjs hanging out and playing.  In the evening we enjoyed lasagna for dinner and Jesus’ birthday cupcakes for dessert.

 christmas collage 2

My brother and his kids were supposed to come for dinner and to spend the night, but the kids got sick and weren’t up to traveling.  I missed them immensely

Since Christmas, the low key easy going status quo has continued.  I can’t believe Scott only has 3 days left of vacation and the kids and I only have a week.  I am loving the break. 

IMG_9707

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, the last picture says it all!!!
    Thanks for your hospitality and a great Christ centered celebration. Also, thanks to all for your loving care as I nursed through this nasty cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a controlled happy chaos. The time was low key and relaxed. Constant movement. Constant smiles. Did I mention, constant movement? Let's do it again next year. We did miss your brother, though. Thank you Circus Family.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)