A Look at My Girls Brains

, , 2 comments

I was scrolling around on pinterest one night and a graphic caught my eye that made me stop in my tracks.  It showed 2 sides of the brains and listed descriptions for left/brain right brain people. 

Left Brain Right Brain Illustration

I think often people are largely a little bit of both.  However, when I looked at this graphic, it was like a portrait of my daughters.

I swear my 6 year old could be the poster child for the left brained person.

Left Brain Right Brain Illustration

And equally astonishing to me was the fact that as I looked closely at the adjectives for the right brained person, I found my 5 year old fit it TO THE TEE!

Left Brain Right Brain Illustration

 

As I think back to the post I did this summer describing her personality… this was her. 

I am astonished that both girls could be SO DIFFERENT.  While my boys appear to be more blends of both, my girls are quite distinct in their personalities. 

I see it in the way they organize their stuff, they way they dress, they way they keep their rooms, do their school work, even do their gymnastics.  I found it interesting to read up on both personalities and learn more about the strengths and weaknesses of both.   To be sure, I can’t parent them exactly the same way.  IMG_6310

Given that they are a grade a part in school and only a year and a half apart in age, they share a lot of their life together.  I think it will be good for them to have their own distinct identities and I hope they will learn to work together with someone completely opposite from them.  They have no choice since they share a room/dresser and sometimes bed with each other. 

2 comments:

  1. I'd say that picture just about sums it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they get their right brain/left brains from particular parents? My guess would be Scott is left brain and you are right.

    Cute pic!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)