She said…

, , 6 comments

I think 4 is a great age for a lot of reasons… one of which is the funny little things 4 year olds say…

IMG_1330

Today we were walking to the van and she was carrying her coat, Kit, and her baby.  I said, “If you wear your coat you’ll have more hands.”  to which she said, “No, Mom, I’ll still only have 2 hands.” 

Last week before she went into her gymnastics class I told her to work hard and have fun.  “Oh Mom, that won’t be a problem at all… when I’m doing my back hip circle and I swing back from the bar and flip around, it’s just like I am flying through the air.”  The look of pure joy on her face as she described flying through the air is one I want to remember forever. 

A few weeks ago I served split pea soup for dinner.  While my husband and sons both enjoyed it, my girls did not.  AT ALL.   I suppose somewhere during the dinner I said something about how I worked hard to make that meal for them and I didn’t appreciate their disgusted faces and comments about the food.  And I suppose it sunk in a little even though they didn’t really eat it all that well.  Because a whole week later out of the blue she says to me, “Mom, remember when you made that soup last week that I didn’t like?”  “Well, it wasn’t that I didn’t like that you made it for me, it’s just that when it was in my mouth… pause… well…. when it was in my mouth it just made me feel like I had to cough.”  (essentially she said, “Mom it’s not that I didn’t appreciate your cooking me food, it’s just your food made me want to gag). 

Seriously, I love this girl and am not at all eager for her to grow up anytime soon.

6 comments:

  1. The honesty of children...at times they do make some good points!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking, "It's not that I didn't appreciate that you made me food, it's that the food made me want to throw up!"
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    That is hilarious!
    I can't believe she is already 4! I feel like she is still just barely 2. Have I been reading you for that long? CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the comment about the split pea soup! That's priceless! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The split pea soup comment was pretty darn funny, but I truly enjoyed her "realism" at knowing she'd always just have two arms. Silly mom!

    Very cute picture, too, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is growing so fast. 2 pretty girls. but Mummy is also

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to say I agree with her, Mummy cooks good but I don`t like that recipe either.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)