Another New School Year

, , 4 comments

While we’ve been “doing school” at home for the past few weeks for the purpose of reviewing and getting used to the routine, today was the first official start of our new school year.

We homeschool, but also use a tutorial.  The kids attend the tutorial twice a week and study at home with me three days a week.  So far, I feel it provides the balance our family needs between homeschooling and traditional schooling. 

My 5 year old was beyond ready for her first day of kindergarten.  She has been telling anyone who will listen (as in strangers in the aisle at the grocery store, clerks at Target, people passing in the street… literally EVERYONE) that she starts Kindergarten this year.  Excited would be an understatement!  This girl is ready…

IMG_6127

I am not sure I was ready for how grown up she’d look when she put on her uniform this morning.  What happened to my little girl?

IMG_6134

And speaking of growing up… enter my second grader!  (wasn’t it just yesterday that we were taking him to kindergarten?)  Doesn’t he look ready for a trip on first class?  I think his “book bag” is the size of one of his sisters!   There are a lot of books to cart around in second grade. 

IMG_6141

I am really excited about this year.  It’s my first year officially teaching two of them.  As I looked over the curriculum for second grade,  I am a mixture of excited and intimidated.    We have A LOT of material to cover this year and the pace is going to be a fast one.  But, I think at the end of the year, we’re going to be so proud of all that we learned this year.  And that has me excited.  

IMG_6154

4 comments:

  1. They're so cute in their school uniforms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are looking so grown up and adorable! I wish there was something similar in my area. It seems like such a wonderful balance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some super cute back to school kiddos! Unbelievable how grown up they look! Hope you guys have a great school year! I don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The look so ready to study hard.
    Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)