One Lucky Brother

, , 8 comments

As I watch my kids play together, I can’t help but think how my son has no idea how good he has it.  Growing up, it was just me and my little brother and we’d often play together.  I vividly recall playing GI Joe with him.  It pretty much went the same way every time.  I had the Princess Lea action figure and she would be married to either Shipwreck or Sgt Slaughter.  I’d let him go off on the side and fight his battles or whatever while Princess Lea would clean house and make dinner.  Then she’d call him home from war to sit at the table and eat his dinner.

Yea, I pretty much turned Joes into Ken and Barbie.

Lately, my oldest two have been playing GI Joe and it is a totally different game.  My daughter is Lady Jaye and she throws grenades across the toy room at the Cobra’s. 

I couldn’t help but chuckle when she came looking for a sack to wear on her back for her grenades to go in.  Yea… my son totally struck gold in the sister department.  Sorry bro!

IMG_7881

8 comments:

  1. LOL..love it!! Yes, your son is blessed to have a sister like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he is so lucky! First, I can totally picture you playing GI Joe the GI Housewife way and two, Noah wishes he was as blessed at your son! Caroline is so girly...she will play Spiderman at times, but usually he is relegated to playing the role of "daddy" during the game of house. Complete with man diaper bag...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun to see that me "Cowboy and Indians" gene passed to my son' children. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Younger sisters rock! Maya is quite adept at playing with hotwheels cars and Ty babies. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is great for both of them. I wonder if she were older if it would have been different and if that is why your relationship was as it was with Jordan? Both are good though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is great for both of them. I wonder if she were older if it would have been different and if that is why your relationship was as it was with your brother? Both are good though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great- I love interactions between siblings. I was kinda thinking the same thing as Andrea - maybe when a girl is younger than the boy, she learns very quickly how to play with boys :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)