Today

, , 4 comments

Today I had planned to write a sweet and nostalgic motherhood type post about my littlest cast member.  But, when quiet time rolled around my head was aching, my mind racing, and the right words and sentiments weren’t coming to me.  

Because today…

*Today I tried to do 2 days worth of school in one morning since we’ll be out of town on Monday

*Today I made banana chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast

*Today I skipped my morning cup of coffee b/c I thought I’d enjoy it more in the afternoon on my way to gymnastics and didn’t want to have too much caffeine

*Today I learned that perhaps I like coffee for more than just it’s savory sweet taste and warmth… judging by the groggy haze and head ache I’ve experienced today, I am wondering if I also like it’s caffeine…

*Today, my husband will return from his business trip!!! 

*Today I sent the kids out for recess.  Later my 4 year old came into the house with dog poop on her shoes only I didn’t notice until after she did an entire gymnastics floor routine on our living room carpet…

*Today I cleaned dog poop off of my dining room and living room and just as I threw the last paper towel into the trash my 3 year old came down the hall crying with a bloody lip

*Today I snacked on too many mini Reese's PB cups

* Today I managed to make 2 phone calls for our vacation and respond to 7 e-mails during quiet time

*Today, however, I did not manage to sort the massive pile of trash bags filled with clothes that Scott brought down from the attic LAST FRIDAY…. I need to sort out the clothes that are too small for the kids and those they can still wear this winter.  Today, I yet again simply dived in looking for something warm and in the right size for them to wear…

*Today, I also didn’t get the laundry folded and put away… and I don’t think I will b/c  still to do today we have to drive to gymnastics practice, come home, nurse the baby, then go to Tiger Cub meeting, then come home, make dinner, welcome Daddy home from his business trip, and put the kids to bed.

I then plan to sit on the couch with my hubby and watch tv b/c tomorrow’s list is just about as long as today’s.

What did your day look like today?

4 comments:

  1. So glad I'm not the only ones with days like this. : ) I hope you enjoy your well earned rest tonight and that tomorrow is an easier day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I had a lot to do yesterday! I'm glad your day was productive, and MUST have gone by quickly. The crazy thing is that you accomplished all that in the morning! You're a super-mom. I have a lot to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! peas in a pod my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dog poop combined with the caffeine withdrawal would have driven me straight to the corner so I could curl up in the fetal position and suck my thumb while rocking back and forth.

    I'm only exaggerating a little bit.

    I cannot handle dog poop...the consistency and smell of it make me hurl instantly. No lie.

    And on carpet that was freshly steam cleaned! I would have viewed it as a tragedy.

    Which is why I read Life At The Circus...to learn better how to handle such incidents with a bit of your poise and grace!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)