The End of the World as We Know it

, , 1 comment
If my geographic area is hit with a EMP, nuclear bomb, or a Katrina like natural disaster, I hope that it does not come at the end of the month. If we are left to fend for ourselves at the end of the month than my family's future would be bleak, as you can see by this photo taken this morning of my refrigerator. How long can a sack of potatoes, 2 dozen eggs, a jar of spaghetti sauce and some American cheese really last you? And what yummy dish can I whip up with those ingredients? Mind you, we have no meat in our house whatsoever. At the beginning of each month I sit down and plan out our meals for the month. I then make 2 grocery lists, one for BJs and one for a normal grocery store (b/c some things you just can't buy in bulk) I used to be able to make 2 grocery store trips at the beginning of the month and then another one mid one to restock up on milk and produce. Now that I have 3 kids, I have MUCH less room in my cart (b/c 2 of the kids take up the majority of the cart) so my BJs run now happens twice a month and with 4 of us drinking milk now, we head weekly to restock up on milk. The only reason you see milk in the fridge now is b/c we stopped on our way home from church yesterday so I could run in for milk and something to eat for the day. For some reason this month we used up a lot of our storage. Sometimes when the month ends, I say we have no food, but what I really mean is we don't have the food we like or that I feel like cooking. This morning when I was packing my husbands lunch I made him a sandwich that consisted of half a flour tortilla with 2 slices of swiss cheese inside and a post it note which read, "Sorry :(" Tonight I plan to go to BJ's. I sure hope the end of the world holds off at least until tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. LOL Just loved this one - maybe the holiday through you off - 5 dozen eggs have to go somewhere!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)