Backyard Memories

, , No Comments

It was 3 years ago this month that we accidentally stumbled across our house. 

And we fell in love with it.

There are many things I appreciate about our house, but it was the backyard that captured my heart.  And truthfully still holds my heart 3 years later.   When Scott looks back there, he often is just overwhelmed with the work that needs to be done…. but I guess since those chores don’t typically fall on my plate, I honestly never see them. 

Instead I see this….

IMG_9468

I had been thinking of going in to DC yesterday to see the Cherry Blossoms…our schedule was open, the weather was gorgeous and the blooms were at their peak.  But, then I just felt like resting… like going nowhere, doing nothing and just being home. 

IMG_9479

The kids were out back pretty much from when we got home from church until it was time for baths and bed.

It wasn’t a particularly notable day… the boys rode bikes and skateboards, the girls made up a routine on the trampoline and then they asked to build a fire and play wiffle ball. 

IMG_9462

IMG_9457

IMG_9459

IMG_9493

IMG_9487

And while it wasn’t anything noteworthy, no epic adventure, no picture perfect poses, as I went to bed last night I couldn’t help but think that when they are old and grown, it was exactly the kind of day I hoped they remembered from their childhood. 

IMG_9513

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)