No Words

, , 2 comments

A few weeks ago, the kids spent a long weekend at my parents while Scott and I enjoyed St Louis.  While they were there, my parents took the kids to a friends farm.  The kids had a blast.  Seriously, a day doesn’t go by that they don’t mention the horses or the chickens or the barn cats.  They even got to ride on the horses. 

Right up there with all those memory making experiences, was another new life experience for my 4 year old.

Peeing outside

Let me just pause here and say that I have no problem with little boys peeing outside.  And I have a lot of friends who let their boys freely let it go in their yard whenever they want.  Personally, that has not been our style though.  If my boys have to pee, they come inside and pee in the bathroom just like the girls.  (unless we are camping or it’s an emergency or something) 

Well, while he was at the barn, my four year old had to go potty and since their wasn’t a potty at the barn, he got to pee on the rocks.

He thought this was the coolest thing ever and was so excited to tell me about it when we got home.  “Mom, I got to pee on rocks!” 

Well a few weeks go by and one day the kids were hanging out at the house.  I noticed the front door was partially open and that my youngest at gone outside.  I went out to check and saw some water on my front steps and a big puddle on the sidewalk below.

I didn’t think a whole lot of it, but wondered where he was trying to haul water to and what he was up to. 

He then comes up to me with a big grin and tells me that he peed on our front steps.

What?

Yea Mom, I stood up here on the top step and peed all the way down.

(said with such joy and satisfaction)

When I questioned why in the world he would do this his response was, “What?  Mom, I didn’t get any on my clothes.”

So…. yes, that was my four year old son who walked out my front door, dropped his drawers and peed on my top step for all to see.  

I can only imagine what this looked like for my neighbors.

2 comments:

  1. One day this spring, I caught Xander outside, in the front yard, peeing on our neighbor's tree. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just, well, awesome. All of your neighbors were probably wishing they had that much freedom. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)