Still Playing Catch Up

, , 3 comments

IMG_5451Almost done catching up the journal blog on some of the big life happenings round here these past few weeks.  Last, but certainly, not least, would be the girls Mini Olympics performances at gymnastics.   I LOVE Mini-Olympic time.  It’s the one time of year when we get to go on the other side of the glass wall and watch our girls up close.  And since I am often entertaining a toddler or taxing around an 8 yr old or running errands, during their practice time, I truly cherish getting the opportunity to watch them perform.  (and yes, I would be that mom with the camera and video camera out trying to chronicle it all)  (but I assure, you I’m not the only one!)

IMG_5242First up would be our 4 year old.  This past year she was a Sea Monkey- which meant she practiced two times a week for an hour each time.  I am SO-VERY-PROUD of her and all she has learned this year.  I can’t believe how much she has grown and what she can now do and I love, LOVE the smile on her face while she does it!

 

 

IMG_5210

back hip circle

She is now moving up to the Sea Otters class which means she gets to practice twice a week for 2 hours a session, just like her big sister did last year.  She is quite excited about this!

Next up would be our now 6 year old.   The thing that impresses me most about her is her hard work and determination.  She has never, NOT ONCE, ever complained about class… not the sit ups, not the pull ups, nothing.  She goes in and she works diligently and loves it.  She  is moving up to the level 4 team this summer.  She is really excited about this b/c it means she gets to do gymnastics for more hours. 

IMG_5394

IMG_5419

IMG_5383

I love watching both of my girls practice.  I am so proud of how hard they have both worked this year and all that they have learned.  After a little time off, we are gearing up for a new year of gymnastics with a new  “taxi schedule” for mom.  But, the smiles on their faces are worth every mile in the minivan and minute in the waiting room!

3 comments:

  1. I can't get over how grown-up they seem! I am still so amazed that they can both do all that stuff and have the good form, etc. I bet they'll be glued to the TV during the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures Great form I give them both "10"

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)