Breakfast with the Piglets

, , 6 comments

IMG_5024The kids and I had a unique opportunity this morning to feed some orphaned baby piglets.  The Momma Pig died at childbirth and the farmers were looking for extra hands to give bottles to the piglets.  I literally leaped at the opportunity.  And I am so glad that I did!  What a delightful way to spend our morning!

IMG_4962

IMG_4992

IMG_4985

IMG_4968

Even my youngest had fun with the piglets…IMG_5019

We drove a little over an hour to get there and the feeding didn’t last long, so we extended our stay a bit by sampling some of the creamery’s delicious ice cream.  The family was super kind to allow us to purchase ice cream before they were opened.  Ice Cream at 10am?!  Sure thing! 

6 comments:

  1. Will they grow up to be food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana, I have no idea... nor do I want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mom and her GrandmaSaturday, July 30, 2011

    What a great field trip!! Such darling pictures. So cute. Love how all 4 kids had such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! Or as my kindergartner would write, osum! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome!!! They are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute pictures! We love feeding my dad's baby calves and pigs. And they do end up as "dinner." Such is the reality of life on the farm....

    Glad you had a little taste of country life!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)